Saturday, September 29, 2012

Upcycle

Pinterest is an awesome bad habit. I haven't gotten too many good recipes off of it recently, but I have definitely been crossing off some of the projects I've been wanting to try in my "DI Why Not" board. The latest being hats made from old sweaters. In my case, I didn't use an old sweater, just one that my hubby got and decided he could do without it. So, I took it from him, made a few snips here and there and wah-la. Two hats for my kids.

It was really simple to do. You can follow the tutorial from the original pin here. Basically you're just going to cut the shape of the hat from both the front and back of the sweater at the very bottom. Then you're going to sew both pieces inside out along the edge that you cut. Turn it right side out. Done! Simple, right?! I should note that the thicker the sweater, the harder it will be to sew...I learned that the hard way, but I got it done and this is what I came up with.





Then, I added a couple of my own embellishments just to make them slightly more appealing and relative to each child.



So easy, right?! Hopefully these will help keep their heads nice and warm during the coming winter months...even though each have a head full of hair that cushions their precious little noggins from any hits. :P

Upcycle. Recycle.


No comments:

Post a Comment