Friday, September 7, 2012

Target in French is Target!

Alright, if I've heard it once, I've heard it a million times - you can't just walk into Target with a list or specific products and expect to come out with just those (that) item(s). You, the consumer, are the target of Target stores. Nonetheless, I don't hate them for it. :p Target has great-looking, practical products for usually a pretty good deal. I have a soft spot for Target (are you using a French accent to pronounce it like I am?).
I went in this afternoon only to pick up some pictures I had ordered online to be printed in store for a project my son is doing in preschool. I happened to have a mobile coupon for $5 off of 50 prints making it less than $5 total...even after tax. You can sign up for Target mobile coupons on their website. But of course, even though the photo service area is at the very front of the store, I decided to wander into the abyss like bugs to light.
I started off in the dollar section (also located at the front of the store). To my surprise, I found something I "needed". It's one of the fabric 6 shelf shoe storage thingys you can hang in your closet. I didn't see any at my last visit to the dollar store so I decided to pick it up since my daugher and I  pick out her clothes for the week and need a place to organize them. It was priced at $2.50 but to an even greater surprise, when I got to the register, it rang up for $.75. That's better than the dollar store and probably cuter than anything I could find there.
I began to walk around the rest of the store heading for the ends of the aisles where the clearance items are usually stocked. I love seeing those red stickers plastered onto products I want/need...often times it doesn't fall into any of those categories, but they somehow end up in my shopping cart anyway...oops! If you haven't been to your local Target store recently, it's worth a look see. Now that school has started and summer is coming to a close, school supplies and warm weather clothes are all on sale! I picked out 3 notebooks - 1 for my hubby who's taking a couple of classes ($.11), 1 for my daughter to draw in ($.50) and 1 for myself for organizational purposes ($.50). My daughter's school district provides all of her school supplies, but for those who aren't so lucky, you can stock up for next school year for your own children or to donate. I also picked up a pack of 3 highlighters for $.92. If I'm not mistaken, there was a coupon out for $1 off of 2 Bic products. If it's still valid, that means you can get 2 packs of 3 pens for $.42 ea! It's worth being said that these items will probably be reduced even further than the current 30% off, but knowing Target's shoppers I decided to get what I wanted before there was no more to get.
The next section I was drawn to was the children's clothes. Even though there are only a few warm days left, my youngest son doesn't have very many shorts to use in the meantime. Lucky for me, I found a couple of pairs that were stamped with that good ol' red sticker with a price that made them worth the few wears they are going to get ($2.50 and $2.70). I also found a very on-trend colorblock dress for my daughter for $3.88. And I can't forget the yellow bubble skirt I found for $1.50. I know a certain little girl we call our niece that would look absolutely adorable in it. And if course, I had to find a matching top, but unfortunately I didn't find one I cared for on the clearance rack. Then again, Target has great play clothes at affordable prices so I found one I liked. (To her mommy...if you are reading this, don't be offended! Cute clothes can be found at all price points and it's not all she'll be getting for her next birthday or Christmas.)
That was that for my clearance shopping. On my way to the registers I found a cheap kitchen timer seeing as my daughter needs a lesson in eating dinner with the family no matter what is on her plate within a reasonable amount of time. It shall get bedazzled in some way. :) And there were also a few jewelry items with a red sticky that I avoided. :( Anyway, here are my fun finds for the day.
Enjoy!




Update 9/10/2012: I actually dragged my husband and kids to Target the very same evening to stock up on some school supplies myself seeing as next year, we may be moving again to a district that does not provide school supplies. Therefore, I picked up a couple more spiral notebooks ($.11), composition books ($.35) and designer notebooks ($.50) as well as a couple more packs of the highlighters as I did indeed find my coupon for $1 off of 2 Bic products. Yay for sales!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment