Saturday, September 8, 2012

5 Minute DIY

I've put together a couple more projects. Not sure where I found the motivation though. Haha. A poster on Pinterest said it perfectly - "There is a lot of cool shit I found to make on Pinterest if I could just get the hell off Pinterest" - among other things. :)
I was really intrigued by a couple of pins to make a tiered cake stand from dollar store finds for bathroom counter storage here and here. I decided to take elements from each one to make my own.
The items I used included candlestick holders from the dollar store and plain white stove burners from Walmart (these were about $9 for a set of 4 which is more than the inspirations spent, but I avoided having to spray paint them plus my local dollar stores don't seem to carry them. I also used the E6000 adhesive recommended by the first pinner that I found at Michael's craft store. I opted for the easier of the 2 by gluing the tiers together and it seems to be holding up pretty well so far. I originally tried simple hot glue, but that was a disaster. It fell apart by morning.
The second of the projects was a bow holder for my daughter. She's been collecting her share of girly hair accessories including a set of 2 Rapunzel clips and a feathery flower she bought at a craft show just today. So I decided to put together a simple organizing solution.
It only requires an old frame, a few pieces of ribbon and a staple gun or short nails. I already had all of these at home. I removed the backing and glass from the frame and stapled 3 types of ribbons onto it. I had done sher ribbon so I overlapped a skinnier and a thicker piece together. I may add my daughter's name at the top with some foam or paper letters later on and you may opt to paint the frame as well. This project took all of 5 minutes. The inspiration for this came from a pin that originated from here.
Happy crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment