Monday, September 3, 2012

The Family Raves

I reaaaally love my slow cooker! I just found a recipe for lasagna in my slow cooker on Pinterest. My hubby started off hating that I was constantly on Pinterest, but now he doesn't care much...in fact, just the other night, he said, "Thank you, Pinterest." He's getting the perks of having a wife who can cook a wider variety of recipes than I once did. What I love the most is that I realized I can find really hearty, yummy, and healthy meals that are super easy to make.  This past week I made 2 new recipes I found on Pinterest, both of which turned out rather delicious. The first was a recipe for Sweet and Sour Chicken. My child who hates chicken decided this was her favorite dish. I already had everything I needed for it in my kitchen so this is the perfect go to meal when I don't have a clue what to make and I don't want to run out to the grocery store to pick up random ingredients. Here it is:
Pinned from here
And my version via Instagram:
The other recipe was for the Crock Pot Lasagna. It was really yummy and faster and easier to make then typical lasagna as you don't have to precook the noodles and it's done in 4 hours on low heat. I put it in right after lunch and Ta-Daaaa, it was ready for dinner. The only thing I would change up is to use ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese. Not everyone is a fan, but I kind of like it. The only problem I encountered is when I realized that I probably need to go back to Kindergarten to relearn what a pattern is. I definitely put the wrong layers in at the wrong time. There was no genuine pattern that went into the slow cooker on my part. Hahahaha. I also didn't think that the 2 repititions of layers would be enough for my family of 5...well, only 4 of us can actually eat yet...but it would have been. I definitely didn't need to add in the extra layers that I did. Here is the original:
Pinned from here.
And my finished product (beware it's not very pretty, but it doesn't have to be pretty to taste good):
Now what to make tomorrow seeing as it's Labor Day today and who doesn't do a bbq today??? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment