Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Simplicity

Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that the ombre look is everywhere. It's a trend people are applying to their hair color, furniture and nail color. Ombre is basically a term for one shade of color that fades. Well, I'm not really on the bandwagon for the ombre nails or hair...at least I haven't seen a particular look that would persuade me to pay the chunk of money it would take to color my length and thickness of hair. And I would love to do an ombre furniture piece but the house is currently not in need of any extra furniture...for now. So, seeing as I have yet to do a piece of art for my youngest child (which I have been meaning to do since before he was born) I decided why not throw some ombre on a canvas.

My daughter has painted wooden letters spelling out one of her names (all my kids have 4...I know, I know...I apologize to them now!) up on her wall and my older son has a canvas with his name and animals painted around them. I had previously purchased a pack of canvases and I have a stash of painting supplies. So I pulled out a paint brush and my acrylic paints. And this is what came of my trendy idea...it started out with the color shading. I put to canvases side by side so as to be consistent with the size of the shades and the shade of the color. I started out with the original teal-ish color and added a drop or so of white for each new shade.


Once it dried I added my son's given Japanese name in kanji.


I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out. I was not trained in Japanese writing or calligraphy or anything so I do not necessarily know how to write, or in this case paint, the characters that great, but it is what it is.

Painting and these other projects have become a fun outlet for me. I don't claim to be super awesome and artistic and what have you, but if it's fun why not. It's the simple things in life. :)

Have a great Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment