Friday, June 1, 2012

Social Media = Yum!

So, how many of you are social media freaks like me? Well, I guess I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm a freak, but definitely an addict. I keep getting introduced to new sites despite my efforts to steer clear. For me it all started with MySpace a good 6 or 7 years ago...I was a late bloomer there. That became old news as soon as Facebook went live. My mother-in-law introduced me to the famed blue logo. I was satisfied with sharing a profile page with my hubby, but before I knew it, the chatterbox in me decided to start a blog chronicling the progress and development of my first child for family members. Again, I decided that was good enough for me. Two more facebook pages, two websites, two more blogs, and a Pinterest membership later and here I am today. My husband often complains that I'm on the internet way too much, but then again I think he's on his Xbox way too much. Not that he should be complaining, though. These various forms of media have helped me to introduce my business to more people as well as help me evolve into a slightly more domesticated wife and mother. :)


Yada yada yada...I've gotten slightly off track.


The point of this particular post was in regards to one particular social media website...Pinterest. Are you addicted like I am? I was only recently introduced because I attempted to put my foot down, but once I was I could not wait for my request for an invitation had been accepted!! Here, I have found numerous helpful tips to save money, upkeep the house, style ideas for functionally fashionable clothes that scream cuuuuute yet still appropriate for mommyhood, and recipes for delicious and easy meals.


I often find myself having a nightly brain fart and asking the same question of my hubby, "What do you want to do for dinner?" He always has the same answer, "I don't know." And there is absolutely no point in asking my daughter because she never fails to surprise me...she would much rather go out to eat at a restaurant than eat what Mommy prepares...even if it is just McDonald's. And don't even get me started on recipes that call for ingredients that will crystallize, harden or mold before I can use it again. I'm huge on saving money and time, but do not want to sacrifice a good meal so I was happy to find so many posts on prep-and-freeze meals that have similar ingredients, but taste completely different and that I could prepare in one kitchen mess rather than a nightly one. 


I'm a foreigner to freezing foods so I've started off with only a couple of meals for now. I've packed and stored all of the ingredients I need for Teriyaki Chicken and Savory Chicken that was pinned by Jaima of Ring Around the Rosies. I will also soon be trying her Mini Pizza Cups for my daughter's lunches she takes to school. Is it just me or do these sound awesome, mostly because they were super easy to prepare and I can just throw them in the crockpot on whatever day I feel like eating it?!?!


Last week I made Broccoli Cheddar Soup and Chicken Salad Sandwiches. It was like Panera Bread express in my home. They were pretty good. :) The hubby and kids were pleased. I wasn't much of a chef when I first got married so I frequently need the hubby's endorsement. 


Tonight I will be making Pan-Roasted Chicken With Lemon-Garlic Green Beans. I look forward to seeing how that will come out! I will share my reviews on all the items listed above once I've made them. For my next post, we can discuss some Father's Day gift ideas. My dad lives all the way across country in lovely Hawaii so I need to get on that if I want it to arrive by June 17th. If you have any ideas, please share them with me!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment