Monday, June 4, 2012

One Foot Out of the Box

There are a whole bunch of curious and colorful trends out there these days - 80's neon, printed nail art, and colorful hair. I'm more on the conservative end of the spectrum when it comes to style, but I still love fashion! So, I saw an ad in InStyle Magazine for Sultra hair extensions sold at Sephora for $18. These are just small chunks of vibrant-colored hair. They come in red, pink, purple, blue and various cheetah patterns as well. Against my hubby's disapproval, I decided to pick up a box and try the purple since I have very dark hair and thought it would blend the best. I kind of like it and am thinking of picking up a couple more boxes just to spread it out more throughout my hair. I'm very lazy when it comes to doing my hair in the mornings...mostly because I am NOT a morning person. But this pop of color gives it some of the attitude that I want without much effort. It's a snap...literally!

Even after seeing it in my hair, my husband is not the least bit convinced. In fact, the first time I wore it (I didn't tell him I had purchased it) I asked him if he had noticed anything different. He said that he saw it, but didn't want to acknowledge it. Oh geez...haha. Whatever. I love his admiration, but I don't need his approval for everything I do to myself. It is something fun that I wanted to try out. At least it's removable and not permanently colored ROYAL PURPLE! I don't have the guts to actually dye my hair anyhow. :P


Yesterday we spent the morning at the beach. Mother Nature couldn't make up her mind between rain or shine, so once it started coming down, we packed it up and headed back home. It was kind a family day...just being together snuggling or playing. I had the slow cooker on since about midnight with a pork roast in it seasoned with coarse sea salt and liquid smoke. This made a fabulous Kalua Pork meal. It tasted almost like home. Kalua Pork is a great family meal they make by cooking a pig in an underground oven (an imu) and is often served at luaus. My husband was quite excited for it and had 2 large servings while my son tried to take over my plate after his own dinner. 


Hope you had a great weekend, too, whether it was rainy or shiny. I'm going to enjoy the peacefulness of the rest of the morning while my boys nap doing odds and ends around the house. And after I pick my daughter up from school, it's all up in the air. We'll see what kind of mood my rat pack is in. :) Have a fabulous day!



No comments:

Post a Comment