Friday, June 22, 2012

Real Live Barbie Doll

I decided that today, I wanted to erk my daughter just as much as she had been erking me...that's what 5-year-olds are supposed to do apparently. Anyway, I tortured her by making her participate in a "photo shoot" in five different outfits.  I had to bribe her to do this for me by allowing her to use some of my lipgloss. The shade - Fancy Nancy. As you will see, it didn't take long for her to get into the whole idea. She posed herself while I just kept pressing the shutter button. I took today's trends and translated them into girls' outfits and the best part is that each piece was $20 AND UNDER!!! I love quality brands, especially when they are on SALE!!

BOLD IS BEAUTIFUL
Here we used a bold colored flower applique shirt (Crew Cuts Outlet) paired with colorful striped tights (Circo @ Target) and of course, a sequined tutu from (Gap). Every girly girl owns tulle skirts in every girl...I know mine does. The color of the year is tangerine, but my daughter's fav color is purple so we went with that. Besides, I think tangerine would wash out with the tan she's been getting from playing outside at school.


PRETTY PASTELS
I chose a teal skirt (Gap) for this look because it's flowy and cool for summer and paired it with a grey bowed tank (also Gap). We can't forget the accessories. Here I chose a brown zebra print scarf (Gymboree). It's very light and airy so still great for summer. I thought the grey toned down the color of the skirt. Colors are great for children, but if I were to let my daughter pick out her own outfits for the day, she would have one color on top, a totally different color on bottom. I am loving pastels this summer. I am working on dyeing my own pastel pink jeans at the moment, in fact.


SUMMER DRESS
Summer dresses are a staple for the season. They are light, and flowy and cool in the warm weather. I chose a neutral butterfly sleeveless dress with gold accents and a matching gold butterfly headband (both Gap). So precious.


CASUAL COOL
Layering has been a trend for years now. This is a hip way to layer for the warm weather. The side tie pink tank (Gap) layered with a denim vest (H&M) is boho chic over a pinstriped denim skirt (Target). The vest is versatile and would look adorable with a floral dress and pink flatters every little girl!


AHOY MATEY!!!
A simple white tank (Gymboree) over a nautical skirt (TJ Maxx) is essential for the summer months. It's classy, sophisticated, yet playful. And we especially love this style since daddy is, after all, a sailor!


Who says that kids can't be stylish in their play wear? Our children are a reflection of us so why not take a little extra care in how they look, too? And it doesn't have to break the bank, either. Super cute outfits can be found at many consignment shops and thrift stores, too. Plus, it's so much fun to dress our little girls up as if they are real live Barbie dolls. I know my daughter is my little protege or mini-me as many people refer to her. 

Have fun dressing your little doll!


No comments:

Post a Comment