Tuesday, April 23, 2013

So Minty

As Spring fights to make its appearance, many colors are blooming in stores everywhere - my very favorite one being MINT! A close second is coral. In the past, I've been very comfortable with neutrals, but it's easy to introduce a tiny bit of color to brighten any look and make moms feel hot and confident chasing after kids and/or taking on all of the household chores and errands. Here are some of my top picks for incorporating the seasons hottest color in a classy way into your look now!

1. I love dainty jewelry pieces, though they are not always kid-friendly as they tug on every part of you. This adorable bracelet found at ShopDal's Etsy shop is only $14 making it reasonable to stack with several other pieces also found in the same collection. Arm candy is huge right now!

2. This is a not-so-great picture of 2 trends I'm loving. The most obvious being the mint colored watch. It is Anthropologie-inspired from Moolala (a daily sale event website). The cost was $19.99, but you can find a similar look at anthropologie.com.
    The second item is the textured nail applique on my accent nail. These are tiny little pearl-like balls that will stick to wet nail polish. (I painted a clear top coat over them to keep them a little better). I found these while taking my daughter shopping on her birthday at Claire's for about $9.00.

3. The textured nail thing can get messy, so an easier option is the nail sheets that don't require painting or drying time. These are ideal for busy moms who don't have the option to sit around waiting for your nails to dry. Sally Hansen makes these, but I found an awesome mint colored design from a Jamberry consultant. I love mint and gold together!!! You can get about 3 manicures out of one set for $15 if you use them on all 10 fingers, but I'll likely use them just as an accent once I get them. I was pretty weary of that trend at first, but it's a more subtle way of doing fun nail art without going overboard.

4. Colored pants are huge right now! I have a pair of pink ones that I love and I also love the mint! These work best when you tone down everything else. Keep the top, shoes and accessories all muted tones and you'll look fab! A white t-shirt or blazer is sophisticated with gold jewelry. This pair is from Express for $79.90, but the store usually mails out great coupons to use!

5. Here I chose an envelope clutch from Gap for $39.95. I usually sport a larger handbag where everything I need (ie. keys, credit cards, etc.) gets lost in the abyss. My husband calls my purses suitcases. But I also love clutches on those occasions I'm not trucking around 3 children like those far and few between date nights. This option is simple and sleek.

6. Last, but certainly not least, we have shoes!!! I chose a high heeled, gold accented pair because after all, my blog is called High Chairs/HIGH HEELS. :) Like the colored pants, these should be worn with neutral everywhere else. They should be the center of your look. I especially love that they are platform because they tend to be kinder to your arches. Zappos is an awesome site to find your most wanted fashion needs. These were $44.99 on sale. On the other hand, flats work perfectly well, too. The neutral rule doesn't apply as harshly here so go ahead and play with a little bit of color elsewhere. Just be sure not to cross the overboard line.

Keep in mind that the colors of Spring and Summer are very similar and range from pastels to neon. Mint can fall into either color category and transition effortlessly from season to season. Have fun with it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephanie!

    I just finished checking out your blog and wanted to see if you might be interested in collaborating on something. If you'd like to discuss, just send me an email when you have a chance!

    -Emma

    emmabanks9 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete