Friday, February 8, 2013

New Year, New You

(Please note that this post was written 2 weeks ago, but I went on a trip and brought back a really, really bad cold that I am still recovering from)

Holy guacamole! It has been a really long time since I wrote a post, but I have been on a really crazy ride called life. I have been working really hard on my photography business and getting it off the ground which is taking quite a bit of my time up. There was also all that family time during the holidays and we're leaving on another trip in a few days so I'm packing, packing, packing for the 5 of us. But there is so much that I want to share with you all. I want to share the Christmas gifts I put together for my daughter's many teachers, I want to tell you all about our Christmas, I want to talk about resolutions. And I hope to get to all of that. But before I do, in celebration of my first post of the new year, I would like to talk about a few products I have recently become acquainted with that are reasonably priced and have made a difference in my life. :) I cannot stress enough how OK it is to take care of yourself as well as your families and work. Do not feel guilty...and at these prices, there is no reason to feel guilty.

The first item is Josie Maran's Bear Naked Nail Wipes. I have a tendency to linger near the checkout counter at Sephora where they keep all of the travel/trial sized products and look for new things to try at low(er) costs. These go for $9.00 for 20 pads and 1 wipe is supposed to remove the nail polish off of all 10 fingers (thought it took me 2 since I had those stubborn nail polish colors on) and treat your cuticles and nails. I was quite surprised how great my fingers felt and I was more than prepared to use the whole container of pads for my digits. And how can it get any better than proceeds going to help the polar bears. :) Oh, and I have to mention that they smell pretty good, too!! I rather enjoyed doing my own nails on a 2 hour drive to New York.

Another product I found from Sephora is Bumble and Bumble's Grooming Creme. This hair creme is meant for the women who does not have the patience or time to make fiddle with her hair every morning. That is totally me! I just ran my fingers through my hair with the product on and it kept from frizzing and acted as a very light gel/hairspray. I really liked it and it didn't make my hair feel oily or anything like what normal frizz-free serums tend to feel like.



Last, but not least is the new Botanical Effects line of face care from Mary Kay. All my time as a consultant, I used the TimeWise line, but once my last facial bar was gone, I switched it up to this line, the newest of the face care thus far. My face didn't feel dry at all after cleansing, but felt very clean. And once I applied the moisturizer, my skin just felt amazing. I am winding down my business with Mary Kay, but this is a great product I have come to love at the last minute. And I can't fail to mention that it is made from natural ingredients.

Are there any new things you've tried recently that I should know about?


No comments:

Post a Comment