Sunday, January 19, 2014

Outlet Quickie

Holy Hello! It is 2014!! I know it has been ages since I last wrote a post, but I'm too afraid to actually look at the date. :/ Well, with the new year, I need to resolve to be better...even though I'm busier then ever this year. All 3 of my little minions are enrolled in school/daycare so that I could go back to work. My oldest is going to be starting soccer next month. The husband transferred to a new command that will be keeping him away from home a little more than our last station and I'm going to start trying to get back to running my business now that we've moved and kind of settled in.

But I'm going to try to focus my posts more on deals that I've been finding lately because amidst all the chaos, I find the most joy in taking some time for myself for a massage (which I recently found on Groupon for almost half the price and a longer session), occasionally heading to the neighborhood gym before picking up the kids, and of course, going shopping. But I very very very rarely ever buy anything full price. I have an app for that...if I don't already have a coupon. Some of my favorite retailers that offer great coupons are Bath and Body Works, Gap [Outlet] and Target. But then there are also the few occasions where you feel you deserve to treat yourself to a special something...like say a new Michael Kors bag or something of the sort. Well, I haven't found a decent deal for that specific handbag retailer since Christmas, but I did head out to the outlets today with my kids in tow and met my girlfriend for a mini retail experience.

We ended up going to Michael Kors (I exited empty handed and a sad face), but I did find a couple of deals going on at Gymboree Outlet and the Converse Outlet. Because most stores are currently moving their winter stock out for the Spring collections, you can easily find a bunch of pants, jackets, and long sleeves on sale for great prices! At Gymboree, they had roundabouts full of pants and long sleeve tshirts with a sign on top saying $5.99 and under - Discount taken at register. I picked up a pair of pants for my boys a size big for $5.99, original outlet price $22.99. Also Gymboree, much like almost ALL of the outlet stores at this location, was offering a BOGO (Buy One Get One) 50% off sale on all regular priced items. I found tshirts for 2 of my children from the new Spring lines each valued at $14.99. For the 3 items I paid roughly $21. Not bad considering the regular price of the pants alone were that much.

After that we hit up Converse. Every kid needs a good pair of Chucks...mine have several...lucky little boogers. Most of them were gifted and handed down to them from friends. On the plus side, much of their sneakers are gender neutral so even though my girlfriend has 3 boys, my daughter can benefit from their mother's shoe addiction. Hahaha. Anyway, Converse was also having a BOGO Half Off sale, but it was on everything in store, including sale items. My daughter needed a pair of shoes seeing as her feet have grown the diameter of a nickel in a few short months. She got a pair of classic Chucks in pink.

She's seen her posing with my girlfriend...the one with the shoe addiction. :p

Since there was a BOGO sale going on, I figured my boys could use a pair as well. I got one big enough for my older son to wear and we can make the most of our money by then passing it on to the youngest. For 2 pairs, I paid $29. The boys' shoes were originally marked $37.00. I didn't catch the original cost of the pink shoes because my daughter insisted on wearing hers as soon as we left the store.

Other outlet stores that I noticed were having good sales were the following:
Nine West: $14.99 sale (they do this fairly often) as well as BOGO Half Off
Michael Kors: Additional 50% off clearance purses
Guess Factory: I noticed a table of marked down items but I did not go into the store
Skechers: BOGO Half off although what I paid at Converse for 2 pairs cost barely more than 1 pair here
Oshkosh B'gosh: Winter clothes marked down $5.99 or less

Go check out your outlet mall this weekend. Many stores offer great discounts for long holiday weekends. It's a great time to stock up on winter essentials for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment