Sunday, November 4, 2012

All I want for Christmas

Gosh, time is just flying by. Here I thought I was ahead of the game with planning my son's birthday party and somehow it is coming up a week from today! I did my best to work make a majority of my decorations, menu, and other plans DIY to save a bit of dough. I will post more on that once the event actually happens. :)

Anyway, the reason I'm here tonight is because, as I said, time is just comin' and goin' without warning. The holidays are on its way and I don't want them to sneak up on me. So, we started doing some Christmas shopping today. However, this is not about the kids. This is about...well, me. There are tons of "What's Hot" toy lists going around, but what about big girl gifts? I'm not into those perfume sets (Calgon take me away?) or fruit cake. In fact, I'm usually pretty happy with something for my kids...but I find myself putting together a little something anyway.

When I'm asked what I want for Christmas every year, I never know what to say. Truly, Christmas time means family time and tradition and thankfulness and love and charity to me. That's my politically correct version of an answer. Haha. But seriously, Christmas is about the kids. And I absolutely love the feeling of picking out a special gift that the recipient truly loves. I put so much into picking the right gift for each person that is special to me. So when I'm put on the spot, I'm never prepared. But I'm only human and there are material objects that exist that my heart desires. Here is the Christmas list I've come up with.

A food processor These things intrigue me and I would love to try some recipes out...for example some yummy salsa!!! This one is small and reasonably priced for a newbie to the appliance with decent reviews and the best part, it's pink!!! I'll be looking for some great Black Friday deals on this one. :)

• Conair Jumbo Ion Shine Instant Heat Soft Hair Setter I've read some pretty decent reviews on various websites for this basic set for a beginner like me. Who doesn't want Victoria's Secret waves while I'm getting myself ready without standing in front of the mirror for half an hour with a curling iron. But I may need more than one set for the amount of hair I have and I may have to do it at night. I'm really not a morning person :p
 A Nikon 1 J1 Digital Camera I am a new portrait photographer trying to start a business and a self proclaimed Mommarazzi. I have one of those big DSLR cameras that I take everywhere with me! However, I would absolutely love to be able to carry a camera around that takes great quality pictures, but is not so bulky and a huge PITA! I think this one would be a great supplement for every day pictures with my family on outings and at events where the moments are important to me, but they don't have to be professional grade shots. Besides, it just looks sexy!!!
A piece of plexiglass I would like a nice sized piece of thin plexiglass for taking studio portraits. It just gives pictures a sleek, nice touch. My hubby knows where to find this...Home Depot.
• A massage Being a mom takes a toll on your entire being. The relaxation, the pampering, the quiet time is essential to rejuvenating ones self. You must take care of yourself in order to better take care of others. It's OK to be a little selfish once in a while. So go ahead and enjoy.

Based on this list, it seems as though I'm looking to try new things. I didn't even realize it until I put things down on paper...well a virtual piece of paper I guess. Haha.

I don't expect gifts. I really don't. But if I happen to be on your list this year,  I hope you know I truly appreciate your thinking of me.  I hope, if anything, this list at least helps my husband. :) Though I love it even more when he is creative and puts thought into picking the right gift and surprising me. I love you, honey!

Hope you get all you ask for under your tree this year!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment