Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thanks a Latte

I guess since I was away for a week, I'm feeling a little guilty about being absent. So, here's another short post.

About a week and a half ago, my daughter graduated from preschool (**TEAR**). So I decided to make just a little somethin' somethin' for her teachers who have taught her so very much and prepared her more than I know I could have for Kindergarten. Her teachers have also become friends and I am very thankful for them.

I got my inspiration from a Pinterest pin. I didn't follow the directions exactly so I'll just put my own here. It's called "Thanks a Latte."

Materials:
Cardstock
Stamp/stickers
Markers
Coffee cup sleeves
Raffia/ribbon
Glue and/or tape

So first I took the cardstock. Two different colors one just slightly smaller than the other and glued them together, one on top the other. Seeing as I had a Thank You stamp, I just rubbed it in black ink and pressed it to the top of the smaller paper. If you don't already have a Thank You stamp, you can have your child or yourself write out Thanks in large letters at the top of the page using markers or stickers. I added a bit of glitter to my stamp just to give it a little bit of color. Than in smaller letters, I added "a latte."

From there I decided where I would like to place the coffee cup sleeve. I measured it to be underneath the Thank You stamp but with enough room for a gift card to stick out the top. I cut it to the size of the smaller cardstock paper and allowed my daughter to help glue it to the paper along the bottom and sides. Do not glue the top as that is where you will insert the gift card. This should create a little pocket. I tried with both glue and tape, but I found that the glue worked better.

I had ribbon, but none that really matched well to the cardstock I had chosen so I found some raffia. I took 2 long pieces, tied them together in a knot and started twisting in the same direction. As I twisted I also twisted the two ends together to create a kind of braid. Once I got to the end, I just tied it in another knot. So I ended up with 1 long piece of braided raffia. I wrapped it around the card and tied a bow. My daughter signed the card at the bottom, I stopped at, in my case, Dunkin Donuts to pick up gift cards on the way to the graduation picnic and wa-la. Thanks a latte to my daughter's coffee lovin' teachers. :)


I wish everyone a very happy 4th of July!!! Be safe and have fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment